I was looking through my little book Twisdom and came across a few old tweets on courage, a topic I've mentioned recently in responding to a blog post comment. These tweets struck me anew and generated some nice additional pondering, so I thought I'd share them today.
1. The courageous souls around us are here to remind us what we’re here to be.
2. Only courage will crack the thick shell of possibility and yield us the treasures within.
3. Courage is willing to walk in darkness while shining a light for others to follow.
4. Courage is something we have deep down in us when we need it – if we’ll just reach for it and act!
5. Courage is the power of choice even in the face of fear.
It was number two that really got me thinking. How much possibility is unrealized in the world and in our lives, because we're not bold or brave enough to crack the shell around it? In the coming year, let's be courageous in little things as well as in big things. We need it. And so does the world. And that leads me to number three.
Shine your light.